Friday, October 23, 2009

Live at Connolly's & NYC, New York

To all my fans, I had a great time in the North East. The people I meet each time I go up there are wonderful. The musicians were on their toes and playing the music with pride. I could not ask for more from them. This is the second time we play Abilene’s and for the second time we had a packed house. What a wonderful place Danny. (Great Person). We then went to Philly and played at the TK Club for Ginny. Ginny had called me a week before and told me that the economy was bad over there, and the crowds were down to about half. She told me if I wanted to cancel, she was ok with it. My remarks to her were if we are going to catch some shrimp, we need to drop the nets. I was going to be at the TK Club rain, shine, or snowing. I want to tell you that every one had a blast. The club had nothing but heads on the dance floor including Ginny. What a wonderful place. The folks that put up half of the band had food for us when we arrived in town and danced all night with us. It was a success although it rained going there, it snowed going back to Webster and when we got close to Syracuse, the sun was shining at its best. Along the way some of our fans invited us to a B-B-Q, Cannot thank them enough.

We had just enough time to set up in Webster and play. As always the Rochester Zydeco Network were great to us. Always a packed house at the Harmony House. We are really blessed to have a friend like Bruce Handelman. My friend Cindy is the best. She stayed up until 2:30 am waiting for us at her home and then fixed us something to eat and gave us all warm beds to sleep in. After our showers, she had Coffee and Cinnamon Bread for us at 6:00 am. No one else would do this for us. Thank you Cindy.

We arrived in Manhattan and you guessed it, traffic everywhere. Time Square was everything anybody imagines it to be. My daughter was with me and we acted like tourists, taking pictures and looking at all the bright lights in the big city. Laura was glamorous, and so was Whitney.

From the first note, to the last everybody had fun dancing and cutting up at Connelly’s in the heart of Manhattan. It was nice seeing new faces. I would like to say to Gordon, it was nice meeting you. The stories Peter told me about you are very interesting and I would love to do some work with you. We had so much fun with everyone at the end with Big Dog Little Dog that the band has agreed to continue doing this at the end of every show.

 Finally yet importantly, Thank you Ron Berard, I know you are a friend for life, but to the world you are a wonderful photographer for Time Magazine and the pictures you took of us are great and will help in promoting the Zydeco Whips. (See pics here)

Thanks again,
Sammy





 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment